18 July 2013

Wednesday 6th March 2013 – First Day
The day began with a cup of tea, an introduction to Cartwheel Arts and its various staff and projects, and a tour of the building. Lucy and I synchronised diaries to schedule when I’d be in the office and when I could be out assisting projects, consulting the rest of the team accordingly. I’m particularly excited to get out and about and work practically on projects in the community. Another cup of tea in hand, Lucy then set me some simple admin tasks to warm me into things, including distributing leaflets for the BUPA Manchester 10k run around the area. I took time out to sit in on the team meeting, where staff very kindly took time to describe the various projects being discussed and suggested how I could be of further assistance.
All in all a very pleasant first day; I’ve been made to feel very welcome, and look forward to what the coming weeks with Cartwheel Arts have in store

No comments:

Post a Comment